Would you like to join a Peer Educator Organization? Consider Mental Health Ambassadors!
Benefits of becoming a Mental Health Ambassador
- Meet new people
- Develop leadership and communication skills
- Build up resume for graduate school or your career
- Gain experience in a mental health environment
- Promote positive mental health on campus
What will I do as a Mental Health Ambassador?
- Facilitate and help develop Counseling Center presentations
- Help plan and facilitate Counseling Center events like:
- Depression/Anxiety Screening
- Eating Disorder Awareness Weeks
- Other campus-wide programs
- Help reduce the stigma surrounding mental health issues on the App State campus
How do I become a Mental Health Ambassador?
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Complete an application (opens in a new tab). Applications are due March 8th, 2024.
- If selected for an interview, attend a brief in-person interview during the month of April. If invited to join the group, new members will begin in the Fall semester.
- Must be responsible, motivated, and energetic.
- Must be interested in mental health topics and promoting positive mental health
- Must be able to commit to Fall and Spring semester involvement
- Must be able to attend weekly meetings on Friday afternoons at 3pm and initial training/orientation before Fall semester classes begin (Friday August 16th 2024).
- Mental Health Ambassadors is open to both undergraduate and graduate students.
If you're interested, follow the steps below. Applications for the 2024-2054 academic year are due March 8th, 2024. Interviews will occur in late March/early April.
(opens in a new tab)
- The Mental Health Ambassadors Application (2024-2025) (opens in a new tab) can be completed and submitted online.
If you have questions, please contact Leslie Martin by email or by calling (828) 262-3180. We look forward to reading your application!